RED RHINO (UK) LTD PRIVACY NOTICE
We are committed to respecting your privacy and are fully compliant with GDPR. This notice explains how we may use personal information we collect when you:
- place an order for a machine, parts or services;
- communicate with us about your order or purchase;
- contact us about a machine, parts or services you are considering ordering, including arranging a demonstration;
- make an enquiry; or browsing our website
When you make contact with us, particularly when you purchase a machine, parts or services, you may provide us with personal information about you, such as your name, address, company, telephone number, email address, payment and financial information, including bank details and information about your machine including service history.
For example, if you contact us with an enquiry about a machine you are interested in purchasing we will need to collect contact details so that we can get in touch with you. If you then decide to place an order for that machine we will need to collect additional information so that we can process that order, including your postal address and payment information.
We may also ask you for additional personal information which it is optional for you to provide but which will allow us to improve the service that we provide you. For example, you may provide us with additional contact details to make it easier for us to get in touch with you, or with additional information about your circumstances and preferences to allow us to better tailor our services to you.
We will always aim to make it clear which personal information is necessary for you to provide and which personal information is optional. However, if you are unsure as to whether you are required to provide a particular piece of personal information please ask.
Our premises have CCTV for security purposes and the safety of our staff. We may therefore collect CCTV footage of you if you visit our premises.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We are committed to protecting your privacy, and will only use your personal information in accordance with applicable data protection legislation, including the Data Protection Act 1998 and (once applicable) the General Data Protection Regulation and the UK implementing legislation.
Specifically, we may use your personal information as follows:
- to perform our obligations in respect of an order you place, including:
- fulfilling any order that you place for a machine, parts or services and authorising payments;
- maintaining guarantee and service records; and providing after sale services (including maintenance and repair services including warranty services);
- to respond to correspondence you send to us and fulfil the requests you make to us for demonstrations, service requests, brochure requests or information about specific machines.
- where you have expressly consented to us doing so, including:
- where you have asked us to enquire or obtain finance for you to contact brokers and finance companies, to try to find and put in place the finance you require.
- where you have requested that we keep you up to date with new promotions and events, by
- the types of communication that you have asked us to use;
- where you make any enquiry, or request any particular information, to respond to that enquiry and provide the requested information;
- where it is necessary to protect your vital interests, including where we need to tell you about a potential safety issue or product recall where it is necessary for compliance with legal obligations,
- including record keeping and regulatory compliance purposes; and for carrying out checks to prevent money laundering; and verifying the accuracy of information that we hold about you and create better understanding of you as a customer;
- for network and information security purposes so we can take steps to protect your information against loss, damage, theft or unauthorised access;
- to comply with a request from you regarding the exercise of your rights;
- to inform you of an update to our terms and conditions and policies;
- carrying out checks to prevent fraud to protect us from dishonest activity;
- reminding you about machine services which are due to ensure (where applicable) the continued
- validity of any warranty, that your machine remains safe and to maintain our customer relationship with you;
operating a CCTV system on our premises to protect the safety and security of our staff and property;
OTHER CIRCUMSTANCES IN WHICH WE MAY SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may also share your personal information with:
- a finance provider and/or broker for the purposes of investigating the options available to you obtaining a proposal and putting that finance agreement in place;
- a third party providing value added services to you such as:
Finance providers may further share your personal information as follows:
to credit reference agencies for the purposes of carrying out searches, a record of which searches will be kept and may be used by other entities in assessing applications from you for credit in the future; and to other lenders for fraud detection, monitoring and prevention purposes.
We may also share your personal information with third parties if we are under a duty to share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply such other terms as apply to our relationship, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, ourselves or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
UPDATING & THE REMOVAL OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The duration for which we retain your personal information will differ depending on the type of information and the reason why we collected it from you. However, in some cases personal information may be retained on a long term basis: for example, personal information that we need to retain for legal purposes will normally be retained for at least six years in accordance with usual commercial practice and regulatory requirements. How long we keep data is primarily determined by how long we need it for the purposes we told you we were going to use it for, time periods set out in law and the period we need to keep it to defend ourselves against legal action. We also retain certain details for such period as may be necessary to validate and handle any insurance claims we receive after the statute of limitations has expired and any claims we receive where the claimant was not aware of the injuries until a long time after they were caused.
You are entitled to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if we refuse your request.
RIGHT TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM MARKETING
Where you have given us your consent to use your personal information in a particular manner, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time, which you may do by contacting us. Please note however that the withdrawal of your consent will not affect any use of your personal information made before you withdrew your consent. If you want to stop receiving any information from us, such as news and updates, please let us know. Your decision to stop receiving information from us may result in the deletion of some of the personal information that we hold about you, but we may still retain personal information we require for other purposes, including where it is required for record keeping purposes.
RIGHT TO RESTRICTION
You have the right to restrict the extent of personal data processed by us in circumstances where:
If you believe the personal data is not accurate (the restriction period will exist until we update your information); The processing of the personal data is unlawful but you wish to restrict the processing of data rather than erase it;
Where the personal data is no longer required by us but you require the retention of the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim;
You have a pending objection to the processing of your personal data.
Where processing is restricted, your personal data will only be processed with your consent for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; for the protection of the rights of other people; or for reasons important to public interest.
We will contact you to confirm where the request for restriction in fulfilled and will only lift the restriction after we have informed you that we are doing so.
RIGHT TO DATA PORTABILITY
You have the right to the provision of all personal data held in relation to you in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format where:
Processing is completed on the basis of contract;
Processing is completed based on the provision of your consent;
Processing is carried out by fully automated means.
You may also request that we send this personal data to another data controller where technically feasible.
RIGHT TO OBJECT
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. However, the processing must have been undertaken on the basis of legitimate interest by us.
ENQUIRIES, ISSUES AND COMPLAINTS
You are entitled by law to ask for a copy of your personal information at any time.
In the unlikely event that you have any concerns about how we use your personal information, please contact us. This includes situations where you want to request the rectification or erasure of your personal information, restrictions to be placed around how we use your personal information, or to object to a particular use. If you make a complaint about our handling of your personal information, it will be dealt with and if we are unable to resolve your complaint, you may make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Please see https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/raising-concerns/ for more information.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We reserve the right to alter this privacy notice at any time. Such alterations will be posted on our website. You can also obtain an up-to-date copy of our privacy notice by contacting us.
If you need to contact us about this notice or any matters relating to the personal information we hold on you, you can write to: Red Rhino Crushers (UK) Ltd, Alma Park Industrial Estate, Grantham, Lincolnshire NG31 9RT. In addition, requests to unsubscribe from marketing purposes can be made by writing to us at the above address.
We hope that the contents of this privacy notice address any queries that you may have about the personal information we may hold about you and what we may do with it. However, if you do have any further queries, comments or requests, please contact us. Whilst this privacy notice sets out a general summary of your legal rights in respect of personal information, this is a very complex area of law. More information about your legal rights can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/